Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Kind of Town, part two....

Last night the Grant Historical dinner was amazing!

We ate in the Empire Room and the meal included Curried Butternut Squash Bisque... Peppered Beef Tenderloin wrapped in Proscuitto with creme fraiche Yukon Gold potatoes... and Le Mirior de Truffles au Chocolat, among other things.

There were only about 25 of us in the Empire Room of the Palmer House, dining upon the same china that President Grant and Mark Twain dined upon, that is only taken out of the vault to show people... never for them to dine upon. Ken said that each place setting was worth about $6800!

We were treated to a history of Chicago and of the Palmer House. I am going to do some research on Bertha Palmer. She was quite the progressive! She was the first to bring Monet paintings to the United States and helped start the first women's garment union. Really an incredible woman.

Then Ken had a limo waiting for me to take me back to the Sofitel, where I met David and Susie in Le Bar. And when I finally got back to the room, there was a Fire and Ice bath package awaiting and a single rose on the bed.

It's so nice to live the life of luxury, wouldn't you say??? :)

Today Susie and I are going to Bloomingdales for a make-over. Still have to find those martini glasses....

I love Chicago!!

XX
P

No comments: