Wednesday, May 17, 2006

American Idol, Allison and Washington DC

First of all... Happy Birthday Allison! Is it 35 this year?? I hope you had a wonderful day! You would certainly love Washington DC over the next few days! It's the annual Book Expo, and there are thousands and thousands and thousands of books here, as the biggest book trade show in the nation is being held this week-end.

It's my first time in the nation's capitol, and I'm having a great time! Today I spent at PMA University, meeting people and finding out what will be expected of me tomorrow when I am on a panel to talk about media training. I met lots of GREAT people, including my new best friend, Paulette.

Tomorrow evening I'll be having dinner with Brigadier General-select Posner and the lovely Colonel Posner. We'll be in Pentagon City. Then Friday morning I will go to the opening morning of Book Expo. I'm hoping to hit the Smithsonian in the afternoon. And somehow, I want to make it to the International Spy Museum!

Wow... so much to see here. So much to do. I'm defininely going to have to come back!

And tonight Elliot Yamin left American Idol. When you watched the show, was there any doubt who had the true magic... the true star power? To me it was abundantly evident that Taylor Hicks is the next American Idol. He rocks, he rolls, he has the right energy and he has the X Factor. Yay for him!!

Hope your May is going well. I'm having fun riding buses and metros and not knowing where the hell I am going. And I find that very exciting!

Ciao Bella!!

XX
P

1 comment:

Allison said...

Yes, I turned 35 this year! :) Now I start that downward slide to the next big birthday! ;)

I wish I could have stowed away in your suitcase--I would love to have seen all those books! :)

Sounds like you're having a good time! Thanks again for all the birthday wishes!